This is one of my childhood dishes which my Ah Ma (grandma in Hokkian) was soooo good at making.
I’m just so very glad that I get to have them again every now and then (all the more that I get to share them with my loved ones!)
I was using Philips Airfryer to fry the meatballs, feel free to do it the traditional way if you don’t use one.
Make about 40 balls Prep Time: 45 mins Cooking time: 30-45 mins
- 150gr shrimp (de-shelled, minced)
- 300gr minced pork
- 2 stalks spring onion/scallions (chopped)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 2.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Dashes of pepper
- Olive oil (for thin coating if you are air-frying)
- In a bowl, mixed all the ingredients evenly. Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Shape the mixtures into small balls (in my case it was half a tablespoon per ball).
- Dust the meatballs with corn starch.
- If you are frying the traditional way, heat the oil in the pan and deep fry the meatballs until it turns golden brown.
If you are air-frying, preheat the airfryer at 180 degree, roll the meatballs on thin coating of olive oil, arrange them in the basket (avoid overlapping the meatballs to ensure they are cooked evenly) and airfry at 180 degree for 15 minutes.
It can also be fried half done and kept frozen for future consumption.